Saturday, January 19, 2008

Slumber Party at the Hospital

Riley got pretty sick Thursday...she couldn't keep any food or water down. I took her to the doctor's office at around 1:30 and the doctor just said she had the stomach flu and to make sure to keep her hydrated. So we go home and Riley still couldn't keep anything down. I felt so bad for her. At around midnight we dropped Ryan off at a friends house and took Riley to the emergency room. They hooked her up to an IV and the doctors said that she would be there for at least two hours. Well, she ended up staying until Saturday afternoon. It was the saddest thing seeing her in the bed with the IV hooked up to her arm, but she was so brave and did such a good job.

The first night (Thursday) Casey stayed there with her and I came home and stayed here with Ryan. It was so weird to be in the house at night without Casey or Riley. The next morning Casey called and he told me that the doctor said Riley had to stay another day at the hospital. In the afternoon I took Ryan to go and see Riley. When I got there she was to excited to see him. Casey said that was the first time she really smiled since they had been in the hospital. It was so cute to see how much they missed each other.

After a couple hours Ryan got pretty tired so I took him home so he could take a nap. Casey called me around 6:00 (Friday night) and said that the doctor wanted Riley to stay another night. So I packed some things for Casey and took them over to him. Ryan started throwing up on the way to the hospital and we eventually decided that me and Ryan should stay the night in the hospital just in case we would need to take him to the ER. So our whole family had a big slumber party in Riley's room. It was a long night, but luckily Ryan didn't get quite as sick as Riley did. Finally, on Saturday afternoon, the doctor released Riley. We were so excited to be able to come home. Ryan is still sick, but we're hoping he'll feel better by tomorrow.

happy to see Ryan

Ryan can always make her smile!

Starting to feel better

**Thanks to all of you who helped us out and to those who called to make sure we were ok! You guys are great!**


Annie said...

What a rough couple of days! That must have been so sad! I'm so glad they're doing better!

BeccaJane said...

Aww, break my heart. I'm glad she's okay though! I can't imagine what it would be like to have a child that had a terminal illness or something like that. We love you guys!

Creative Corner said...

Oh that broke my heart too and I know as a mom and now with us having more then one kid it is hard not to be able to be in all the places you want to be at the same time! I am glad you got her in and that she is feeling better!

Joe & Tena said...

We know how not fun the hospital stays are as Brooklyn had to stay for a week with RSV. Glad to hear she's doing better!